Friday 27 May 2016

8 Days to go


I mentioned previously the disappointment of having to cancel an order for some cycling clothing as it could not be delivered by the date we set off on the pilgrimage.  I have not had the time to seek out alternatives - when would you believe it - a parishioner turned up at the Priory this morning with a cycling jersey and two pairs of cycling shorts. Whilst it is not the 'Movistar' cycling team apparel I had ordered, I am of course most grateful for this generosity and for the parishioner thinking of me in this way.  It is most needed I assure you.

Whilst your financial generosity is greatly appreciated, and a look at the Just Giving page will show how we are doing, I and the rest of the team are also grateful for the support and best wishes we are receiving.  One response to the parish email announcing the pilgrimage has particularly touched us:

Do not look at the mountain you have to climb
But the steps you are achieving each day
You will achieve it because God will be with you

We will carry this with us particularly going up the Col De St Bernard (though if we get stuck the Cognac around the necks of the St Bernard's dogs will be most welcome) and more immediately it will be with us tomorrow on our final team training stint and the hills (mountains to some of us) that Mike Burton will find for us.


Fr Michael