Wednesday 25 May 2016

11 Days to go



Today was a steady day in the life of a Prior and Parish Priest.  I did spend some time on the allotment and greenhouse and need to spend more time there before set off to ensure that any disruption is kept to a minimum in my absence.

I was asked how long it was since I rode a bicycle and although I had a bike with me during the 10 years in Nigeria I rode it maybe twice.  Before that well it has probably been in total some 25 years. 

In addition to improving my fitness this challenge has rekindled my love of cycling and I look to continue the Carmelite tradition of cycling in St Joseph's.  I am sure you will remember Father Ronan on his bike and more recently Father Maurice although I am sure he has some kind of motor on his.

A recent pilgrimage to the Door of St Joseph's in this Year of Mercy by St Aidan's in Little Chalfont was undertaken by car, on foot and a large number on Bicycles.  There is also great cycling interest within our Parish and I have been asked about the possibility of a Parish Cycling Day/Event.  Depending on further interest received it may be something we could think about for September.   However it would not have to clash with Parish Day or the All Ireland Hurling Final (I am a Tipperary Man)

Fr Michael