Wednesday 25 May 2016

12 Days to go


Following yesterday's exertions I am pleased to say that I have recovered well.  Hopefully that is an indication of my new found fitness levels - or it could be something to do with Mike Burton's Recovery Drink - a concoction including milk, flavouring, whey and other ingredients that are meant to naturally accelerate the replenishment of chemicals which are lost on a long bike ride. Luckily, last night was not a full moon and I did not turn into a Werewolf or Mr Jeckyll.

We had some disappointing news today that some cycle gear that we were hoping to obtain for an exceptional price would not be with us until the second week of June.  Sadly we had to cancel the order and I was so looking forward to wearing my Movistar Jersey and Shorts but it is not to be.  One positive though is that there is no danger now of people confusing me with Nairo Quintana of the Movistar Team and runner up to Chris Froome in last year's Tour de France.

I take this opportunity to once again thank everyone for the donations of Cycle Gear and Bicycles that helped me to be in the position where I am today and ready to participate in this pilgrimage